Lasagna! This is my family and my favorite comfort food. My family and I always have a blast making this in the kitchen! The hot cheese melts perfectly over the meat and noodles and ties it all together. This recipe can be made dairy-free or dairy-full depending on your preference, either way is simply fabulous. Enjoy and tag us @flourlessfiesta on pinterest and instagram if you make this.
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. hot breakfast sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounce) whole tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 tbsp. dried basil
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. grated (not shredded) vegan Parmesan cheese (I recommend using the daiya brand!)
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 packages vegan mozzarella cheese (I recommend using the daiya brand!)
- 1 package no boil gluten free lasagna noodles
- 1 recipe Vegan ricotta as below
- 1-454 g block firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
To make with dairy, simply replace vegan mozzarella cheese, and vegan parmesan cheese, with regular, dairy-containing versions of these cheeses in the same ratio. For the vegan ricotta, replace with 3 cups of regular, dairy-containing ricotta.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a large skillet, combine ground beef, sausage, and garlic, and cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain half the fat and leave the other half in the pan. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, basil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir and simmer the sauce mixture for 45 minutes.
- To make ricotta, place tofu, olive oil, white miso, garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice into a food processor and blend until smooth. If your ricotta is too thick, add 1 – 2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk or olive oil as needed Taste and season with salt as desired.
- To assemble: spray pan with non stick spray. Arrange 4 cooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of a baking pan, overlapping if necessary. Spoon ricotta mixture over the noodles. Spread evenly. Cover this with a layer of vegan mozzarella cheese. Spoon a layer of the meat sauce over the top. Repeat layers ending with meat/sauce mixture. Sprinkle top generously with Parmesan.
- Either freeze, refrigerate for up to two days, or bake immediately for 45 minutes or as stated on the non-boil noodle package.
Enjoy and tag us @flourlessfiesta on pinterest and instagram if you make this! Also check us out on instagram below!