When I have time to sit down, and enjoy a leisurely brunch, these are my two favorite recipes. When I am craving something savory, I prefer a timeless avocado toast. The richness of the fried egg, paired with the creaminess of the avocado, and the crispiness of the toast make for the perfect savory meal. Now when I want something sweet, I go for pancakes with a banana foster on top. The timeless pancakes paired with the elegance of bananas foster makes for the perfect sweet meal. Enjoy!
avocado toast ingredients:
- 1 slice of your favorite gluten-free bread
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1 egg
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning (optional)
pancakes with bananas foster ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup of gluten-free flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsps. butter
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
avocado toast recipe:
- Crack an egg into a non-stick pan and let cook about 1 minute and 30 seconds on each side at medium-high. For a runny yolk, cook about 1 minute on each side, and for a firmer yolk, cook about 1 minute and 45 seconds on each side.
- Place the fried egg to the side and let cool.
- Mash up the avocado and combine with salt, pepper, and your favorite seasoning. I prefer to add Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
- Toast a piece of bread. Spread the avocado on the toast, and place the egg on top of it.
- If needed, season the egg with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
pancakes with banana foster recipe:
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Pour in the milk, 3 tbsps. of butter, egg and mix.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Cook the batter, about 1/4 cup for each pancake, for about 60 seconds on each side or until browned.
- Place the pancakes to the side.
- For the banana foster, melt 2 tbsps. of butter in a pan. Add in sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and bananas and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Spoon over the pancakes and enjoy!