Hi guys! So I have always loved chocolate covered strawberries and I wanted to turn that into a baked good. Introducing gluten-free strawberry brownies. The goodness of gooey fudge brownies pairs perfectly with the freshness of the strawberries.
These brownies are easy to make, although allow some time to let the ganache settle (trust me, these will make the brownies much better). These are so delicious that, I forgot they were gluten-free when I first bit into them, and they are vegan which is a big plus!
Enjoy and tag us @flourlessfiesta on instagram if you make them.
- 4 large eggs using egg replacer (I use Bob’s red mill)
- 1 1/4 cups of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 16 tablespoons vegan unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use the Enjoy Life brand)
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam, seedless preferred
- 1 tablespoon strawberry simple syrup or water
Chocolate ganache glaze
- 1 cup dairy-free half & half cream (I use the ripple brand)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 2/3 cups (454g) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 tablespoon strawberry syrup, or vanilla extract to taste
- Cut up strawberries (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix the egg replacer together and put it into a bowl, then beat with the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the sugar and melted butter, whisking until smooth.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix the strawberry jam with the syrup or water, and then heat for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Bake the brownies for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean or with few crumbs. Remove them from the oven.
- Brush the jam on the brownies then set the brownies aside to cool for an hour.
- To make the ganache, heat the vegan half & half and corn syrup on the stove until they begin to steam. It should take about 3 minutes. Pour over the chopped chocolate in a bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes, add any flavorings, and whisk until smooth. Let cool for 25 minutes.
- Pour the thickened ganache over the brownies. Allow between 3 to 4 hours for the ganache to set up fully. You may refrigerate the brownies to speed up this step up.
- Just before serving, garnish brownies with fresh strawberries and confectioners’ sugar as an option to finish the dessert.