Let me start by saying this is one of the best cakes I have ever had. I love all things pumpkin so this cake is perfect for me. The creaminess of the pumpkin filling and the crunchy pecans on top makes for the perfect cake. This is a cake that can be made for any occasion at any time!
This is my best friend’s family’s recipe and I have a blast making it with her. It is easy to make, and I highly recommend it to everyone! Enjoy and tag us if you make this on Instagram @flourlessfiesta
- 1 box gluten-free yellow cake mix
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten (or an egg replacer prepared according to the box)
- 1 12 oz. can soy evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup maple glazed pecans, chopped (I use a food processor to chop mine)
- 2 sticks vegan butter, melted
- 8 oz. dairy-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. container of coconut cool whip, thawed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk pumpkin, sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, and cinnamon together.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 by 12 well-greased pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top.
- Sprinkle with pecans and pat in.
- Drizzle the butter over the cake mix (1 cup at a time)
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool completely in pan
- Mix cream cheese, powered sugar,1 and cool whip.
- Spread over cooled cake and cut in bars
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 4 days