These s’mores brownies are insane. Some of my favorite memories come from making s’mores with family and friends as a girl. One night, I wanted s’mores for dessert but I couldn’t make a fire. Enter s’mores brownies. It is the perfect combination of graham crackers both dusted on and crumbled over the brownie, gooey browned marshmallow, and chocolate from the chips and brownie. Enjoy!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar, sifted
- 1 cup brown sugar, sifted
- 10 ounces melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 gluten-free graham crackers
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan with 2 ounces of butter and ¼ cup of flour.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow. Sift the sugars together. Add both sugars. Add butter, cocoa, vanilla extract, ½ cup of flour, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan and bake for 35 minutes. Check for doneness with the tried-and-true toothpick method: a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan should come out clean. When it’s done, remove to a rack to cool.
- Place 2 graham crackers into a ziploc baggie and crumble into a fine dust using a rolling pin.
- Place the graham cracker dust, and the other graham cracker, chopped up, onto the brownies along with the marshmellows and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!